Gemini Science Archive
Gemini Science Archive Overview
- Search for Science Data: Use this query form to browse the collection of scientifically interesting Gemini North and South datasets. Calibration, engineering, and other data are not included in the result listing for the queries. For most users this will be the primary query of interest. Note that by default only public datasets are shown in the result list, but this can be changed by clearing or entering a new release date in the query form.
- Search Complete Catalogue: This more complex search lets you search for datasets (both science and calibration) for particular instruments and constrained by any meta-data content contained in the Gemini Data Superset Catalogue. This is the page to use, for example, if you are searching for additional GMOS-N flat-field files with specific ccdsum, filter1, filter2, and exptime values. You should limit yourself to only a few constraints or the query performance suffers. At this moment the main use of this query is to find appropriate calibration frames for raw science data retrieved with the science query.
- Search Science Programs: This query permits a search of the public information contained within all of the Gemini science programs currently stored in the GSA. Public fields include the PI and Co-I names, the proposal title and abstract, and the science category. A link to all datasets available for a given science program on the query result page provides convenient access to the program datasets.
- Search Observing Logs: This form provides access (for on-line viewing or retrieval) to nightly Gemini observing logs stored in the archive. Note that access to observing logs for science datasets is always proprietary. Only observing logs for calibration sequences are public. Authorized users must use the "Access Your PI Data" query page to view and retrieve their private logs.
- Search Gemini Publications: This query permits a search of the publications that are related to the Gemini Observatory. When applicable, an entry in the publication database contains references to the science programs under which the data used in the publication was obtained. The publications database is maintained by the Gemini Librarian.
- Retrieve Gemini SV Data: This page provides links to complete packages of Gemini System Verification data for various instruments. SV data are currently only retrievable as complete packages through these links.
Proprietary Data Access
- Access Your PI Data: Principal Investigators (PIs) who have registered with the CADC should use this link to first enter their Gemini Program ID's in the GSA authorization tables and retrieve their own proprietary data prior to its public release date. You must have a CADC user ID and password as well as a Gemini Phase II password for each of your Gemini Program ID's in order to proceed.
- Search for Science Data: This is the same as the public "Search Complete Catalogue" page but will enable retrieval of proprietary data if you have registered as the PI of any Gemini programs or have been added to a Gemini programs authorized access group by a PI.
- Search Complete Catalogue: This is the same as the public "Search for Science Data" page but will enable retrieval of proprietary data if you have registered as the PI of any Gemini programs or have been added to a Gemini programs authorized access group by a PI.
- Search Science Programs: This is the same as the public "Search Science Programs" page but will enable retrieval of proprietary data if you have registered as the PI of any Gemini programs or have been added to a Gemini programs authorized access group by a PI.
- Search Observing Logs: This is the same as the public "Search Observing Logs" page but will enable retrieval of proprietary data if you have registered as the PI of any Gemini programs or have been added to a Gemini programs authorized access group by a PI.
- What's New: A summary of the release history of the GSA.
- Form Help: This page contains more detailed information describing how to use the GSA query forms to constrain your GSA archive searches.
- Overview: This page!
- Proprietary Data Access and Control This page describes how to access proprietary data and how principal investigators can control access to their proprietary data. Co-investigators should also read this page for information about how to obtain access to their PI's data.
- Programmatic Data Access: This page describes how you can retrieve GSA files from within your own scripts rather than using the standard GSA WWW interface.
- Calibration Data Retrieval Queries:A link to a page maintained by Gemini staff which provides help with common queries used to retrieve appropriate Gemini calibration data.
- Gemini Help Desk: All requests for GSA help or problem reports should be submitted to the Gemini Help Desk system. This menu item provides a direct link to the Help Desk.
- Gemini Observatory: A link to the Gemini Observatories home page.
- Gemini Instrumentation: A direct link to the Gemini Instrumentation web pages.
- Gemini Staff Access: As the label implies, this menu selection is for Gemini staff access only. Authorized Gemini staff members may retrieve any data contained in the GSA through links provided on this password-protected page.
- Date modified: